Friday, June 1, 2007

Will it go 'round in circles

Did my first ever spin class today. I really liked it. I now know what Brian has been talking about. It was nice for a change of pace and it didn't give my body the pounding that running does. I've been diagnosed with some localized arthritis in my neck and while my doc said that running wasn't doing it any good, we haven't had a chance to decide the best thing going forward.

My guess is that I won't feel like running tomorrow.

We've been doing some really interesting cooking as of late. This week I fixed an okra, onion, tomato and corn side, complete with file. Last night was Jamacian pork kabobs with mango, squash, and onion. I fixed a very Italian side - 6 cloves of garlic sauteed with roma tomatoes, white beans, fresh spinach, topped with some good parm and fresh-picked basil. It was quite good. Tonight is chicken marsala, complete with our first batch of heirloom green beans picked from the garden. I never, ever, ever thought I would come to love vegetables, but I've enjoyed these.


Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Try new stuff.

-Roxie

2 comments:

  1. What time should I be over for dinner? Dang, everything sounds sooo good! Healthy too! yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do we have a cycling convert? The lack of pounding is incredible, isn't it?

    Those dishes sound really good too. I especially like the Chicken Marsala idea. Have a bottle of Marsala wine at home, waiting for just that . . .

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.