Wednesday, July 25, 2007

it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

Yesterday was my first evening commute in my new car. Bliss. Cool, comfortable bliss. Except when I stopped at the big orange box to buy some potting soil and a new outdoor pot. I am so used to having a truck that it was bit disconcerting to try to figure out how to pack all of that stuff home in Mitzi. Looks like I just named her, Mitzi. Like my first cat. Obviously my new commuter car is a Mitsubishi, of the space odyssey year. Pristine condition. I'm so fortunate.

And another source of my good fortune are the neighbors, J and J, from across the street. She works for a landscaper and has taken to bringing me home any extras that they have around. Monday night she brought me a full flat of coleus, so I HAD to go buy a new pot for the patio, right?

It was just lovely to get to come home and just putter around in the yard and talk with Bick. It was great to have a life through the week. My new work schedule, the new cooking regime and my new Mitzi are conspiring to increase my bliss these days. Praise be.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Increase your bliss.

-Roxie

4 comments:

  1. Blissful thinking. A new way to live. Might catch on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Increase your bliss..." OHhhh, I'm trying!! California here we come, right back where I started from.

    8 weeks and counting!! I'm loving your new photos, and hey what came of your 4th of july?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill - you are headed farther west? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roxie... Yes we are. I am sad to say good-bye to Texas, but not El Paso. It just hasn't been for us. We're in the process, but nothing locked down yet, but I've got my eye on a small town surrounded by some bigger towns... you can check it out if you're bored; Fallbrook, CA. The ocean is only 20 miles away, San Diego 1 hour south and LA 2 hours north, to me it just doesn't get any better than that. Oh, except for that it's also within 15 miles of only about 25 wineries... We're hoping to find a spot with just a "little" land attached.

    We'll see. Nothing definite yet.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.