Monday, July 16, 2007

Owning up

I don't know how many times in my lifetime I will have to grab ahold of sanity with both hands and just hold on.

Actually, that comment was overly dramatic. I can look down the road and see if I don't tweak some lifestyle things that my self-described food addiction will rear up again in a big bad ugly way. So I set Bick down this weekend and unloaded and asked for some help with a few small things that help me in a big way. I need to eat earlier in the evening and on a regular schedule. I need to eat cleaner, less cheats on things that are bad for me. I'm altering my work schedule to try to get home earlier by dodging some of the worst of the traffic issues. He was incredibly supportive and understanding and I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. So, it's back to maintaining a lifestyle that maintains my good health, on a variety of levels.

Went to the boot-camp style strength training today. Ran 3 miles on Saturday. Walked the dog 2 miles on Sunday. Ate clean.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Don't dump your problems on other people, but you can lean on them at times.

-Roxie

1 comment:

  1. I read another great journal entry today about this exact thing; "Asking for what you need." Sometimes that is all it takes, just asking. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.