Monday, September 17, 2007

Don't fence me in

I've broke Bick's house. Actually, I've ruined the look. See, the neighbor's just stained their porch and it looked so nice that I convinced Bick that we needed to stain the porch and the fence. Not exactly like theirs, because in my superior opinion, they didn't pick their color very well. Ours would be the perfect color - the perfect tone to add a richness to the white-on-beige scheme. Sable- sable was to be the perfect color.

Except that semi-transparent sable as displayed at the HD looks NOTHING like it does on a three year old privacy fence. It looks like crap. There's nothing semi-transparent about it. It looks like I painted the fence the darkest, cheapest cholocate color imaginable. Every bump, bubble and flaw in the fence is magnified. It is truly horrible.

And Bick laid down an edict - no way is that color going on the porch. So now what?

1 comment:

  1. Back to Home Depot you go - there are products designed to beach out stain.

    With some paint rollers and some peroxide that fence will look beautifully aged.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.