Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Beck's Diet Solution: Day 3

Day Three: The activity in Day Three is to resolve to only eat sitting down. My first reaction is that this is a no brainer. I always eat sitting down. Except that I don't. It's the nibbling that I do while getting that after work snack from the fridge, preparing dinner and during cleanup that is leading me to the land of drawstring pants. This will be a hard habit to break, but I believe it is the first step in being mindful. It's like I do so much of this on auto-pilot. If I can somehow think enough to make myself sit down, perhaps I can think enough to make myself put down whatever it is that I'm eating if it is for any reason other than real hunger.

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love a woman with a PLAN. Good for you! I've actually ALREADY started with some workouts. I guess this whole West Coast thing is for real.

    A trick I heard on TBL last night was to chew gum while cooking, so you're not tempted to "sample" during the process. Sugar free of course.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.