Monday, October 29, 2007

Pissy Lips

I have a lovely mouth. While I don't have Jolie-lovely lips, I do have nicely shaped, full-enough lips. Except when they are pissy. Pebbles tells me that she always knows when I'm stressed, pissed or uptight; she can see it in my mouth - which she calls pissy lips. "Mom, what's wrong? You are wearing your pissy lips".

And I've come to know that I do express tension in my lips. I've spent this entire weekend reminding myself to relax, to let go, to breathe deeply, and being surprised each time I touched my face just how anxious I am/was. Family drama has just beat the ever-loving shit out of me and I'm feeling pretty shredded.

Pucker up, Buttercup.

1 comment:

  1. You gotta rethink that title. I DID NOT read it as PISSY lips the first time through. Sure got my attention.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.