Wednesday, November 7, 2007

judas goat

I feel like a judas goat. Yesterday I had to herd my Mom out of her office of twenty-one years. She is being retired, pretty much against her will, but for cause. Her last day was supposed to be last Friday but she just kept coming to work, which was in violation of her severance package. She said she was just packing up, but she was doing actual work (we work at the same place) and I finally had to go over there yesterday and pack up her stuff and tell her it was time for her to leave. I didn't want anyone else to have to do it, but goddamn, it was painful and pitiful.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Know when it's over.

-Roxie

2 comments:

  1. This situation with your mother must be so difficult. I'm sorry you have to experience such a thing. When I read the words "know when it's over" it just made me feel sad, yet I understand and agree. It's something many of us will have to deal with at some time. How to know when it's over soon enough to exit with some dignity. I feel for you and your mother. I'm wondering, what sort of profession is/was your mother involved in? Is there a possibility of functioning elsewhere on a more limited basis in this profession?

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.