Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Beck Diet Solution: Day 36

Believe it.

Today's work involves changing your belief system into believing that this time you have the skills you need to make changes that can last a lifetime.

I reread yesterday's entry and it sounded like I was giving up or somehow disappointed in my progress with this program and that is not true. Oh, it would be nice to somehow drop those few pounds, but I'm headed in the right direction, albeit slowly. It's the skills that I want to learn, to have those healthy choices be the ones that automatically come to mind when faced with food situations.

I rented You on a Diet and started watching it last night. Bick came in and watched part of it with me. We didnt' finish, but it was nice to have someone take some real interest in more healthful living. He'd already made the announcement earlier in the evening that he needs to cut out his late night snacking. He usually keeps nuts or chips or somesuch on hand for a snack around 9:30 pm. The crazy thing is that those snacks at that time never tempt me - oh, sometimes I'll have a handful of popcorn, but most of the time, it's just of no interest to me. Which, knowing me, is very interesting - there is rarely a time when food isn't of interest to me. Anyway, we were talking again about how we've let our meal planning slip some and we need to get back on track and he wants to drop five pounds that have somehow appeared in the last month or so.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Progres.

-Roxie

1 comment:

  1. It's all about progress, not perfection. And learning something new is never a bad thing. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.