Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Inspiration

What do you find inspiring? Is it a book? Movie? Picture?


I've been toying with this idea for a while now and I'm going to try to begin to bring it together over my holiday vacation. I'm going to create a box of inspiration, for lack of a better term. It will start out as just a cardboard box that sits on the bookshelf and contains things that either inspire, soothe or generally make me happy.

One of the first items that is going into the box is a postcard that I received from Sparkler from the Nike marathon. It has multiple pictures of women, all dressed in ATHLETE t-shirts. Sparkler included a note with this postcard, saying that looking at it always made her happy. I think it will make me happy as well.

I've been reading some great blogs lately and a couple of the essays have really spoken to me. I need to retrace my steps and print these out and place them in some sort of journal so they are accessible to me in 3D.

I'll include Working Girl, although I only have the vhs and no way to watch it. I'll put it in there anyway, if only to serve as a touch stone. For some crazy reason, I find that movie very inspiring. Cheesy, yes.

I'll include my copy of Eat, Pray, Love.

I need to find my book on simplifying my life. I know I've got it around somewhere.

And I need to finish this small room at the house that is the perfect space for meditating, practicing yoga and reading. All I need is the perfect chair.

1 comment:

  1. "I need to find my book on simplifying my life. I know I've got it around somewhere."
    LOL Word, sistergirlfriend.
    I love the idea of simplification as inspiration.

    I was all prepared to hate Eat, Pray, Love but I so didn't. I loved it! I'm going to re-read it over break with a highlighter.
    Enjoy making your inspiration box. Sounds fun!
    Suz

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.