Monday, December 17, 2007

Weekend update

Hell week at work. Posessed by the chocolate monster - to which I am normally immune. Late nights. Blah.

Weekend was both great and not-so. Sandy came over to have dinner with us on Friday night. She was in a delightful mood and had her Dad just beaming. And then he asked about her grades and I think she was lying through her teeth to him about not knowing her password to look up her grades online. After she left, I said that I didn't think she did well grade-wise this semester. And Bick reacted to that. I did apologize for saying something that I don't KNOW for a fact to be true. But if I were a betting woman, I'd say that the results are going to be poor. And honestly, I don't completely fault her for that. She's very young, she's moved away from home for the first time and it takes many, many students some time to adjust to their newfound freedoms and college-level work. But from here on out, I will keep my thoughts to myself. This is not my pig. And even if I turn out to be right, it's certainly no victory.

I harvested our first cauliflower from the garden yesterday and I served it steamed up, along the first of over one hundred pounds of elk elk/mix smoked and breakfast sausage that arrived on Saturday.

Enough bitching. I'm tired and I can't wait for the holiday.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Keep your thoughts to yourself.

-Roxie

1 comment:

  1. Not your pig...but you do have years of professional experience that gives you a good vantage point to assess that situation.

    It may not have been the good news he wanted, but it also wasn't a completely uninformed rambling.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.