Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Beck Diet Solution: Day 42

Practice, practice, practice.

One of the most important skills one can learn is getting back on track.

It's the new year and like almost everyone else under the sun, I need to get back on track. And I'm not pumped about it. I'm unmotivated and pessimistic at the present time. I don't know if that's a short-term feeling or a long-term feeling, but I don't feel all gung-ho about any of it. Holiday hangover, I guess.

So for today - my big hurdle will be to go to the gym at lunch. I've got my food planned out, so it should be okay and I'm meeting Bick at the Jesus gym this afternoon and I'm really good at doing that. So just go the gym at lunch - crawl on a treadmill or elliptical machine and watch some HGTV for 50 minutes. Just for today - go to the gym. That's my goal.

Credits:
Throwing away the remains of what may have been the best red velvet cake I've ever made. I made it for the rather impromptu NYE gathering that Bick organized. I had a piece that night and I intended to send more pieces home with guests, but didn't. So after hanging around tempting me all day on NYD, last evening I just threw it all away.

NYE I had Bick drop me off at the Jesus Gym for a quick bit of exercise while he ran into town for fireworks. It was a spur-of-the-moment decision and I ended up walking on the treadmill in my jeans, but hey, it was exercise and it was better for me than shopping for fireworks. I need to do more of this.

I did get in some activity, as Bick and I painted (one wall for now) our den a pumpkin orange. I'd been wanting to do it for a long time, but Bick was extremely reluctant. But he got bored and agreed, so off we went to get some paint. It turned out beautifully and he said that had he known, we would have done this a while back. I told him to trust me and he reminded me of the fence fiasco, the rat bastard ;-) . So yesterday, I ran out and got some new drapes and some more primer and we plan on painting the whole thing - two walls pumpkin and two walls a more golden/Tuscan yellow color.

I'm sort of glad to be back at work. The routine/rut is good for me if I can find that groove to sink in to. It's amazing how fast and easy it is to drop all one's good habits.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Add some color to your life.

-Roxie

2 comments:

  1. We were talking about the need for routine at the office today. What are we gonna do when we all retire and sit around at loose ends every day? Bleh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roxie... Can I ask you, is your lunch hour an hour? When do you eat, change your clothes (twice) etc.? In otherwords how do you have enough time to get it all in, in an hour? We have a gym at my school and I was hoping to find out it was open in the mornings, but for "staff" only 10-5. (doesn't make much sense to me) I'm straining to figure it all out in an hour... grr

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.