Monday, January 14, 2008

Insomnia Watch

I've been awake since about 2:30 am for the nth night in a row. Didn't have night sweats, however. Don't know if it was the flax seed, but I'll take it. I'm wondering if now I'm just accustomed to waking up at 2:30, sweats or not?

Church was good. I wondered how Bick would react as there was meditation, chanting, a drum thingy as well as a guest speaker who was wearing a poet/pirate shirt. I've been exposed to some alternative worships through meditation, world religion study, etc, but I think this was a far cry from Bick's COC raising. There were words of wisdom from the Gospel of Matthew, some yogi, Yoda (in jest) and a Van Morrison song. Obviously a church for old hippies. We are looking forward to returning. I don't see us attending every Sunday - partly because it's an hour away, but we'll see.

The stock show was a blast. We crawled in and out of tractors and trucks. Played Dairy Trivia. "How are farmers paid for their milk?" Per 100 pounds. We got an impromptu informational session from a Braunveih breeder - we had stopped to admire a very pretty heifer, and commented to one another that we'd never heard of that breed. It looked like a Brown Swiss to me, but a bit different. Anyway, we got to hear the history of the "brown cow" in the US.

I fell in love with meat goats, little fat snausages of Boer goats. So incredibly cute, but I couldn't raise them as I could never take things to their logical conclusion. Saw chicks coming out of their shells and a woman knitting a sweater for newborn angora kid. The weather was spectacular and it was nice to feel the sunshine on our faces. All in all, a really lovely weekend. It was nice to have one of them again - we sort of felt like we were back to our old selves.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Pet a pig.

-Roxie

1 comment:

  1. The Kid, the one in school for dietetics, says flax seed is hard for your liver to process. Oh wise one says if you're trying to get the Omega 3 oil benefits for menopause, better to go the natural route of eating fatty fish. If you're looking for an alternative consider black cohosh for the night sweats. No digestive ickiness.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.