Tuesday, January 8, 2008

More Tired.

Insomia in full bloom. I hate it when I get this way. I don't like taking any sleep aids when I have to work as they give me such a hangover that the cure is almost as bad as the disease. Work is an absolute nightmare right now, I need a damn clone.

I'm meeting a friend after work, then going out to the Mango Hut to try and talk some sense into Mom about her desire to build a carport. I've got to be strong enough to say that this isn't something that I can afford to do and still keep to my personal financial goals. Period. I'm not interested. She's already asked my neighbor to figure out what it would cost to have him build it, etc. and told him I would be out to talk to him about it. Fuck me.

Then tomorrow night I'm meeting Sandy to discuss her academic abyss and see if we can't figure out something there. I'm not very optimistic. I got a good look at her transcript last night and she hasn't done well for a while (she was a concurrent student) and she doesn't strike me as being any sort of a go-getter - and these are not things that I can say directly to Bick. So, I need to have a discussion with him about how is going to feel about ME if she continues to follow this path she's on. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to offer any assistance that I can, but I need to make it clear to Bick that she's got to do the work herself. I know he knows this, but I want to make sure that his expectations of me are realistic. I'm not a miracle worker and there are many more issues at play than just some bad grades, I think. Again, Fuck me.

Got a call from my hairdresser yesterday. "Can you come in early to your appointment? My grandmother just died and I'm going out of town tonight for an extended period of time." I didn't want to go under those circumstances, but then I decided that perhaps she needed the money at this time, so I agreed. I won't say my hair is bad because it isn't. It's just drab. I had it cut, colored and highlighted and it looks pretty much unchanged. But you don't complain to someone in her situation. It's just hair, but I'm $106 poorer. Not the turbo-boost I was wanting from a sassy new cut.

Okay, end of the BMW - bitching, moaning and whining.

Hurdles: Go to the gym at lunch, as I won't be going to the Jesus Gym for the next couple of days.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Keep your head down and your butt up.

-Roxie

1 comment:

  1. Wow... that's a lot on the plate. I am quite impressed with your assessment of the Sandy/Bick situation. Thinking ahead of possible outcomes is so smart of you.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.