Thursday, February 7, 2008

Beck Diet Solution: Day 12, Round 2

Practice Hunger Tolerance.

In the summer months, I practice this almost every weekend. Actually, I hate the sluggish feeling I get after eating and so my preference is to get whatever done that needs doing before eating. Which actually ties into what Beck says. I'm using distraction to keep from feeling hungry. Temporary hunger isn't an emergency.

Gratefuls: Yesterday I received a surprise raise, effective immediately. Blew me away and it was significant enough so that I will notice the difference on my paycheck at the end of the month. Wow. This isn't the time of year for raises - those happen in June, not February. And if they happen now, they aren't effective until June. This was effective February 1. Damn.

Had a bad eating morning. I went to the doctor with Pebbles. She's got some recurring health issues, while not threatening, as it turns out, do impair her quality of life and she's been battling with them for over a year. It doesn't seem to be getting any better. I go to her appointments with her both for moral support and in case she has to have any blood drawn. The last time she had blood drawn, some man found her laying in the parking lot of the lab, having passed out. It's probably the fifth time or so that she's done such a thing, but never just out in the parking lot. So now I go, just in case. Anyway, she was feeling pretty down, so I took her to breakfast and ate crap and continued to eat poorly the rest of the work day. I'd missed the morning at work, so I didn't take a lunch or go to the gym, just grabbed some crap out of the vending machines to get through the day. Which sets me up for more bad eating, but I managed to stall the urge to binge and actually stopped at the Jesus Gym on the way home, only to find that I hadn't packed any pants. Those Jesus Gymmer's frown on no pants.

I've had to face down my urge for chocolate this morning, having gone to all the trouble to dig out change from the bottom of my purse to feed the big.ass dispenser, but managed to put down the change and start doing this.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Be grateful.

-Roxie

2 comments:

  1. You did a good job of hitting the reset button and starting over.

    Hope Pebbles health issues get resolved soon. Sucks having to deal wht that regularly.

    Congrats on the raise too. Nice to be recognized for working your buns off, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your Pebbles. I hope things get better.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.