Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Forget the stumbles

Celebrate the "get-back-ups."

It's not how many times you stumble that is important - it's how many times you get back up to try again that's important. All of life's journey, the struggles, no matter the arena aren't about being perfect, it's about being willing to get up and try again. Learning and making small changes that are doable and make it easier to do the best thing for yourself in the future.

Pebbles and Guy got home from Canada last night and came by late to pick up the GrandBeast. They seemed to have an okay time, although Pebbles just seems emotionally flat, lately. We spoke this morning about her medical issues and my recommendation that she see another doctor for another opinion and perhaps a broader view of her issues. My concerns is that she's been treating symptoms and her problem my be systemic.

Things are rolling along at a lovely, lilting pace here at Reata North. I'm enjoying the ride.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Keep yourself at the top of your priority list.

-Roxie

3 comments:

  1. Did the kids need passports for Canada? I forget the status of that particular border crossing. We're so used to crossing with nothing more than a drivers license and a promise to spend money that the idea of needing a passport for Canada is, well, foreign. They're our neighbors for crying out loud!

    (Maybe more my neighbors than yours, but still . . .)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian,

    I think that passports are required to fly in, but I'm not sure about driving across these days. I do remember the days of the easy cross, after all, I was raised 40 miles south of the Canadian border, eh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's right!! Forgot about that whole growing up bit. I have you as just being in Texas. Hell, you grew up closer to Canada than I did. (Unless you had some urge to SWIM there)

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.