Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The GrandBeast

The GrandBeast will be making landfall at Reata North this evening for a weeklong stay. Pebbles and Guy are going to Whistler/Vancouver for a week of boarding (snow, not water) and sightseeing. I'm really excited for them. I hope they have a good time. The GrandBeast will become the lab dog for the week as he will be going to work with his "Peepaw". Having the dog around has made Bick sure that he wants a second big dog (a bloodhound) and it has made me sure that I don't. It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out.

In other news, Sandy has redeemed herself - she came over and borrowed Bick's truck and she and her friends moved her stuff back home. So moving Sandy this weekend came off our agenda! YAY!

I'm on a quest to put all my photos in books and write something down about them. Bick and I came to the conclusion that neither of our daughters would ever be interested in our boxes of loose pictures. If we wanted the photos to stand a chance of facing posterity, we needed to get off our butts. So I went through and culled mercilessly, and I do mean mercilessly, and I got most of my pics in albums. Now just to start with the annotations. But at least the boot box is nearly empty!

Things are pretty stinking sparkly right now. And I'm just going to wallow around in it for a while.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Take pictures of people not landscapes!

-Roxie

2 comments:

  1. ... and also write the NAMES of those people on the backs of the photos. I collected tons of photos of my mom's past (college life, military married life) but couldn't "keep" all the books. (just too many of them) As I removed all the photos, I realized she had only written about the photos on the book pages, so I had to go and at least write the names of the people on the photos. It would have been nice to have that done already. Kapish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear you're putting them in books with notations. I have a box or two of my parents' photos from growing up and getting together, and most of them are just absolute puzzles.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.