Friday, February 22, 2008

Pillow Talk

Barkley destroyed one of my favorite throw pillows last night. He'd never shown any interest in chewing things up at my house until last night and I assumed that Sadie Lu would keep him occupied. Guess not. Oh well. It's just a thing and at least it wasn't Bick's prized been-in-the-family-for-god-knows-how-many-generations fainting couch.

I am looking forward to a good weekend. Bick and I are going to sit down and spend some more time trying to simplify our weeknight dining. I don't know that we will be successful, and I don't know even how to define success. What is happening now is that we don't get out of the kitchen until about 8:30pm, which leaves very little time for the rest of the evening. However, if we simplify our kitchen time (which is also together-talk time) what do we hope to gain? More time to watch tv? I don't know that that is a trade off that I want to make. Hmmm. Now that I think about this, perhaps this isn't such a great idea. For what purpose will we use this extra time? More time to snack? More time to read? More time to watch tv? Movies? Are any of these outcomes that we really want? Something to think about.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Beware of unintended consequences.

-Roxie

1 comment:

  1. Geeze, it's easy to tell you're in your 40's. Spare time and you don't know how to spend it!!

    Play games! Backgammon, Othello, rummy, strip poker, what ever. Just, for that last one, make sure you know the kids schedules for the evening. Not that Cindy & I have been caught, yet . . .

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.