Sunday, February 17, 2008

Running with the Devil

at the Jesus Gym.

Got up Saturday morning with the intention of running for an hour with no thought given to speed. Just get on the treadmill and go for an hour. When I got to the gym, it was pretty empty, save one amazing woman. I would guess her to be in her mid-thirties, but she's African American and I have a hard time judging age sometime. Anyway, she's a body builder and is prepping for a competition. What an inspiration! Just about ran my fat ass into the ground! Nice woman and it was good to have some "mental" competition.

I've been eating well, but I am avoiding the scale for a while. What I am trying to do isn't about the scale. It's about developing and maintaining a lifestyle that keeps me healthy and happy. I'm doing what I need to do - working on the stuff that needs working on and the scale, well, the scale can just wait. Ha!

No big plans for the rest of the weekend. I've promised the dog a long walk, if the wind will die down some. Oh and some Daytona, of course. Go Jr.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Race hard.

-Roxie

1 comment:

  1. Boy - you're tough on yourself!! I see that picture of you & bick on your side bar. Exactly what part of your ass are you calling fat? I think you're just fine. Tough on yourself, but fine.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.