Wednesday, March 5, 2008

On the road to recovery

It appears that I'm developing some moderately serious allergies in my old age. As if crow's feet weren't enough! I am feeling human again, thank goodness. And thank Bick. He's been a trooper -who'd have ever thought that curmudgeony old fart would really be such a nurturing and thoughtful soul?

I did see my doc today, but it was to get a second opinion on Pebbles' issues. He's ordered some more tests and so I'll go back to the lab with her on Friday morning. In one really sobering moment this morning, the doctor asked if there as any history of thyroid or diabetes in her family and she turned to me and I said "Thyroid, yes. Diabetes, no". And then I caught myself - I'm so used to her biological father being out of the picture that I completely forgot about his family's health history. He kept himself so uninvolved in her life that I forget he ever existed. My doc was rather unhappy with the course after course of antibiotics ordered by her doctor without much of an effort to look to see if there was another issue at play. I am hopeful that there will be some resolution, now that my guy is involved.

I'm grateful today to be feeling better.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Get a second opinion.

-Roxie

1 comment:

  1. Pebbles is young, healthy and strong. Your doctor will be able to identify the issue and take care of it.

    You've got her to the right doctor. Things are moving in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.