Tuesday, April 29, 2008

fruitbasket turnover

I came home from the Gulf all invigorated and stuff. And Sunday was my day to do whatever I wanted and I wanted to clean house and rearrange furniture. Bick and I spent the afternoon moving stuff just here and just over there and back to just here again. Bick just doesn't understand the magic and wonder of redoing your stuff!

Anyway, I'm really pleased with the changes which actually ended up to be the fainting couch and the love seat changing sides of the room, pulling the rug from under the barge and placing it under the loveseat, swapping out an end table for Bick's antique bedside table and placing it by the loveseat and hanging a picture. But I know that we moved damned near every piece of everything in the house from lamps to art work! I was exhilarated! Bick was annoyed! But we now have a den that looks much more finished than it did before and we didn't spend a single cent! Yet.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Rearrange your stuff.

-Roxie

1 comment:

  1. "... and we didn't spend a single cent! Yet."

    Oooh - sounds like a threat.

    I also don't understand this female urge to completely re-arrange the furniture/furnishings every 6 months for absolutely no good reason.

    I suffer it, but I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.