Friday, April 25, 2008

Home again, home again, jiggidy jig

We got in yesterday afternoon from the best vacation ever - incredibly relaxing, lovely weather, nice accommodations and eating my weight in oysters! Oh, and being able to take the dog with us was just wonderful - I'm pretty sure SadieLu enjoyed herself as well.

The timing was wonderful - we had whole area nearly to ourselves. We did get neighbors over the weekend and although I did have some misgivings when four cars full of young-twentysomethings moved in next store (I'm so damn old!), they were great people - in town for the music festival just like us. We were all out on our deck as they unpacked and one of the guys came over and introduced himself and told me that he just wanted to warn us, that if we were too loud, that he would be forced to call the police! Hee!

I walked on the beach several times each day; played in the surf as the water was warm; read a couple of books and fulfilled a live-long wish of riding a bicycle built for two along the seawall in Galveston. Bick said he could feel his masculinity slipping away!

That's all for now.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Pedal.

-Roxie

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time. Sounds like it was just what you needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful... Isn't the beach such a place for peace? Love it that you got to spend time there! And warm water to boot!

    I giggle with your post title... my mom used to say that ALL the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it was a PERFECT vacation - certainly my idea of one, at least. :D i'm s ure it's what you needed...

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.