Thursday, April 3, 2008

Just three things

In my never ending search for an anchor in this life, here is the latest in the list of the stuff I've tried. I try to begin each day taking a few minutes for three things - three things for which I am grateful, three things that I need to do to "treat me right" today and three things that are the most important for me accomplish at work today.

I'm really seeing the most benefit of this new way of organizing my priorities in my work. It seems to be helping me reduce the overall clutter and chaos that sometimes happens during stressful time at work. I seem to be better able to focus on what I need to do and to give these priorities the full(er) attention that they need. The results and returns have been immediate. Rather than feeling like I am rushing through each task with a lick and a promise, I've been really spending the time and fully engaging in the task. The task itself becomes important rather than just being something to knock off of my todo list. As a result, I'm doing better work by more fully devoting myself to a task and I'm getting better results - both from myself and from my developers, with whom I've been a bit disappointed. Interesting to see how a small change in focus on my part can help what I thought was a completely external issue.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Immerse yourself.

-Roxie

2 comments:

  1. I love this habit!

    In the shower each morning I create my list of "what I am grateful for" and "what I am excited about" today.

    I like your spin on it and will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.