Saturday, May 31, 2008

Ain't Talking 'Bout Love

But yet, I am. This morning was my first run with my Nano that Pebbles bought me for Mother's Day. Awesome. I'd had an mp3 player, but I only had one CD on it so it got pretty boring pretty quickly and then in broke months and months ago and I never replaced it. But this, this as yet-unnamed technological miracle is spectacular. As an added bonus, Pebbles preloaded it with music that she thought I would like. I hadn't even really looked at what was on it - this morning it was just hit shuffle and GO! Well, go with a little g, if you've ever seen me run.

My plan was to run and out and back - about an hour and a half in time and there is that midpoint where things start to drag a bit and you begin to think about how your legs feel (that's always my downfall - my legs get heavy) and it was at that point where this four song wad of Van Halen came on. It was just what I needed to get my perked back up and excited to finish strong. Ain't Talking 'Bout Love, my Asics-clad foot.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Shuffle if you have to, but just get moving.

-Roxie

1 comment:

We'll try this for a while.