Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sexy Slingback Sugar Shower Cookies

Up at 3:30am to decorate the shower cookies for bridal shower at the office. I wanted to just get them done and out of the way. I was wishing for reader Jill during the decorating part, as I've seen some of the great, creative and beautiful stuff she's capable of.

Still in a funk and I haven't had much success determine which is cause and which is effect. Still locked in a battle of the wills over the banking situation. Word on the grapevine is that Sandy has moved to Chicago. Bick is going to try to confirm this with the XMB today - she was evasive about missing their scheduled meeting on Monday - but this was before word drifted in, so Bick wasn't asking pointed questions then.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about my tendency to over-think! Go ahead and chuckle, I know I did. According to some of the reading I've been doing, my inclination to hash, re-hash, brood, churn and obsess is symptomatic of an inward-turned problem solver - meaning I keep trying to find internal solutions to external problems. This disconnect leads to feelings of frustration and failure because there are some issues and problems that are external and need an external solution or action. Interesting concept, at the least. So when I find myself brooding over something, I'm trying to use some of CBT techniques to refocus myself in a different direction.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Have a cookie.

-Roxie

2 comments:

  1. "Awww..." Me? Well, if it had been 3:30 PM, then I would have loved to have been there to "help out." But then again, I've seen your cakes and in my opinion you don't need MY help at all.

    Ps... if you're referring to a "differen't" jill, then please pretend I never left this comment.
    :)

    Chicago? WTF?

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.