Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thursday thoughts

It is time to just do good things and let the negativity roll off of my back.

The situation with Mom really causes me a great deal of pain, but I'm sticking to my guns on this one. It's an appropriate boundary for me to establish and I just need to realize I will feel better at the end of this. The good news is that I'm not arguing with her, I'm not trying to justify my actions, I am not wrestling with any pigs here. I've stated my demand saying that I can no longer tolerate the situation and that it must change. I've learned to hit the DEL key and leave emails unread and just restate my position. Over and over again.

I've also been reading about NPD and it describes parents with NPD as being unable to:

-assume personal responsibility
-accept any argument that suggests the parent was wrong or is making an error
-understanding your feelings
-your anger
-any charge of unfairness.

So this just sucks. I just need to concentrate on the good stuff that's going on with me and let go of the things that I cannot change.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Some things are better left unread.

-Roxie

2 comments:

  1. Delete is your friend. So am I. Hang in there, sister. Check your email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evidently you have to hit 'send' to make that email get going. What?

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.