Monday, June 9, 2008

Groundbreaking

The strings are up, the footers are going in. The new structure has begun. Reader Meg was at the house during the kick-off and the golden shovel groundbreaking. Let's see - maybe by this time next year I"ll have my yoga room. Yep, that's what I'm getting out of this - the extra bedroom as a room of my own. I actually have a space of my own now - what was the dining room (if you were a midget) and then became the foosball room, but now has a bunch of stuff in it that we don't know what to do with. But there really is no door and as much as I love SadieLu, it's damned hard to meditate or yoga practice when the dog thinks you are doing these things just for her. So when I get the third bedroom, which is now called the "garage", complete with a door, it will become my own private oasis, complete with TV and dvd player ALWAYS set up with my Rodney. I'll get a comfy reading chair in there and paint the room of it to look like a Starbuck's, which always fill me with peace and comfort.

Had a most wonderful visit with Meg on her trip to the area. Never, ever enough time - it seems like we just get a good head of steam built up and then it's time to go. We did do some double-duty - going on a nearly three-hour walk and talking about a million miles a minute while doing it. The time just flew by and it was only the next day that my calves began to tell me that I'd put in some miles. Meg is embarking on a yearlong project to launch her own business and it's such an exciting time. I always love hearing about such creative and interesting projects - the energy surrounding such things is infectious.

The wind has blew off a good number of shingles off the roof and onto my car and scratched the crap out of it. The wind has damn near killed the garden, most everything has blown over or just been scorched with the combination of the heat and the high, high winds. Damnedest thing I've ever seen.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Build a good foundation.

-Roxie

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how awesome. I want a 'bux room of my own. A comfy chair, books, my ipod, Senseo, ahhh....bliss. Lucky lucky you!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.