Thursday, July 24, 2008

I'm up a half a pound and I'm pissed off.

This is damned ridiculous. I'm eating an appropriate amount of calories and I'm drinking my stupid water. I'm logging every stupid thing that I put in my mouth. I'm counting out almonds, for Pete's sake. I have eleven almonds as a mid-morning, pre-workout snack. It's way, way too early in this process to be stalled.

I'm getting an hour's worth of near-vigorous exercise, complete with body-drenching sweat and this is what I get. My carb count has been high (but good veggie carbs), but apparently my body thinks it's too much. Looks like I will have to go to the induction phase to move past this stall.

And to top it off, I've got to deal with dinner for 15 and 6 houseguests tomorrow. Grrr.

2 comments:

  1. ROX (yes, I'm shouting)

    Get off the "weigh yourself every day" wagon. You KNOW that's a bad thing, right? Try once a week, or only Monday & Thursday. Day to day weight just varies too damn much to be useful.

    Son #2 came home from college with a spankin new digital scale. For entertainment purposes, he weighs himself before & after trips to the bathroom. You really don't want to know the amount of variance that can introduce to a daily weigh in.

    I'm really not sorry for putting that picture in your head. You are welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do appreciate the advice, but the deal is that in the last week, I've achieved no loss whatsoever and I cannot explain that. I do understand the daily fluctuations in theory, but at somepoint this stuff needs to start making some sense.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.