Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ambushed in the Gym

I've been forgetting to weigh. Probably something Freudian about that, but it really isn't a conscious choice.

Just when I thought it was safe to go to the gym. As I approach the noon hour, I'm always vaguely hungry. Hell, most of my life is spent being vaguely hungry, but I don't like to exercise with anything on my stomach as it pretty much makes me feel like I've consumed pure lead. So I go to the gym hungry every day at lunch.

Yesterday was the very first day of school and a merchant fair was being held in the atrium area of the gym. There were tables set up all over with various vendors hawking their wares and tempting passers-by with HUGE chocolate chip cookies, bags of chips, candy bars, cheesecake bits and other things that would immediately cleave unto my ass, never to let go. I had to run this gauntlet FOUR times before leaving the gym. To and from the lockerroom and to and from the aerobic area. Luckily for me, I did pick up a coupon for a 15% discount from my favorite running shoe store. It's time for a new pair of running shoes. I did manage to pass up all the goodies. Talk about a fox in the henhouse. Geez.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Beware of baked goods laying in wait.

-Roxie

1 comment:

We'll try this for a while.