Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Down 9.5, 10.5 to go

Wasn't expecting that.

I was thinking last night about how much my eating habits really have changed over the years. That's not to say that I don't fall into the eating crap trap now and again, but I was just surprised with myself as I was chopping up whatever vegetables were in the refridgerator/fresh from the garden. I used summer squash, spinach, onions, tomatoes, peppers, some leftover chickpeas, a few herbs and threw in a nibble of havarti that was about to go south. I put together a very light dressing - a little lemon juice, dijon and olive oil, and seasoned the whole thing up. It was yummy. I can't say that the younger me or the old me, whichever you prefer, would have considered a salad of raw, chopped vegetables to fit to eat, unless it was swimming in ranch.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Have a vegetable.

-Roxie

2 comments:

  1. That actually sound pretty tasty. Now I need to go see what I have in my fridge because you made me crave some veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the younger and/or older me still needs to swim. Ranch is the only reason I tolerate a salad. I've tried and tried, but figure a salad with "some" ranch is still better than a Hamburger or fried chicken or chinese food. no?

    You're doing GREAT... it sort of crept down on you didn't it? And you thought you were stuck a week or so back! :)

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.