Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I did my homework

My homework for run school was to run for 1/2 hour, so I did that. I've taken the rest day(s), as prescribed by the run school regiment. The interesting thing I'm finding in my return to running is that while my cardio fitness is as good as it ever was, running requires bones, tendons, ligaments, etc to become used to the pounding and the dynamics of running. So I'm taking the rest days and taking it slow. It feels wrong, as I've been pretty good about logging lots of time on the elliptical almost daily and scaling back seems like slacking off. But I took it slow when I started running in the first place and I'm going to take it very slow as I restart the process. I don't want an injury.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Take it slow.

-Roxie

2 comments:

  1. On the news last night they reported (a new study) that people who keep running into old age live longer, healthier lives. The incidence of infectious disease and cancer is less and their joints are stronger. So, there you have it, another reason to carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the article yesterday, I think it was in the NYT. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.