Monday, August 25, 2008

A Vision of You

Bick and I spent a good deal of Saturday on the front porch, talking. Recently we have let our life get in the way of living. We sort of reclaimed a bit of it on Saturday.

A portion of the talk began with a woman that I had seen at the concert/fair the night before - a woman that pretty much embodied the woman that I would like to be in the future. I would guess that she was about 5-10 years older than me and was just so damned comfortable in her own skin. She was there, seemingly by herself, listening and enjoying the music. She was lithe, appeard strong and fit, wore no make-up, wore a cute skirt and strappy camisole and had grey hair which she had tucked up under this great straw hat. She was both a strong presence and a serenity about her. I almost struck up a conversation, but was there with Bick, Pebbles and Guy, so I did not.

So we talked about our visions for ourself in the future. I want to be that woman and I think my current goals will help me get there. I believe that having this identifiable vision makes the question of "Is what I'm doing today getting me to where I want to go?" all the much easier to act upon.

I want to strengthen my yoga and mediation practice both for the bendy and for the whole inner peace thing.

I want to improve my health and fitness, physical and emotional.

I want to improve my financial position by first paying off the remainder of all debt and then increasing my liquidity.

I want to find and do things that appeal to me, regardless of whether they appeal to other loved ones.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Develop a strategic vision.

-Roxie

1 comment:

  1. Interesting that seeing your "mirror" image compelled you to put yourself into the mirror. I like your idea of developing a strategic vision for yourself. That sounds like a worthy goal for myself, too. But it's the stepping stones that I usually get stuck on; I guess I need to really consider how to get from here to there and not daydream away more time.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.