Sunday, August 3, 2008

Well Duh

The Jesus Gym is so named because it shares space with a church, or more accurately, a space where people meet to worship. The structure itself, gym and church included is a big old metal building. I'm unsure of the relationship between the gym and the church - I don't know if the gym owner is also the pastor, a member or what. I do know that the gym pulled yoga from the roster of classes offered because the owner determine it was an alternate worship.

Because of this shared space, the Jesus Gym is closed from 4pm on Saturday until 1pm on Monday. I don't know why, really. I don't think that worship service is held on the treadmills. I don't believe the pulpit is a weight bench. But whatever. I've always bemoaned the fact that I had no place to get in a workout on Sunday morning if I wanted to do so. Except that the Jesus Gym HAS another location that's pretty close, relatively speaking. I've always known this, but it took me until this morning to realize that I could just go to the other location. Especially since exercising outside (expected high today is 107) is impossible.

I just need to think of another name for this gym, but I'm heading over there to burn 500 calories this morning.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Find an alternative.

-Roxie

1 comment:

  1. 107 degrees. Outside. In air you must breathe. Good lord. Makes 107 inches of snow in the winter seem not so bad.

    I'll take 4 months of snow, you can have 4 months of heat like that. I am certain I'd melt.

    Great work on the dieting too! You made excellent progress in July. You're setting a fine example,.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.