Wednesday, September 3, 2008

100 pounds lost

Finally! I've regained my 100 pound loss. Actually I exceeded it over the weekend, but I think that was just dehydration from sweating in the sun and painting on the pavillion for hours on end.

Down 11, 9 more to go.

This has been the hardest weight I've ever had to lose or more precisely, I've never worked more dilligently for a longer amount of time for so little a reward. I began to refocus my efforts upon my return from vacation on July 9. Here we are nearly two months later with only one incident of even moderate over-indulgence at the BYOB party back in late July and I've lost eleven pounds. I really did think that when I set the goal of 20 by my birthday (in exactly one month) would be easy to do. Boy was I wrong. Now I am doing this right. I'm not starving myself, but I'm in caloric deficit every day and it shouldn't take this long but it is. The truth is that my body doesn't feel right and it hasn't for some time. Even with the 11 pound loss, I still feel bloaty and not my usual self. Hmmm. Something to ponder.

But on the other hand, I've been sticking with it. I've been working through issues that would have caused me to derail in the past. I'm not using food in an unhealthy way and I'm dealing with whatever emotional issues come up by some other means. Which is progress that far surpasses anything the scale might reflect.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Be diligent.

-Roxie

1 comment:

  1. Yep, it's what we do day by day (sometimes minute by minute) that makes all the difference. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.