Monday, September 15, 2008

Off the rails a bit

Not a great weekend eating wise, but okay otherwise. Did not weigh this morning after the whole popcorn incident last night, but I'm not going to get bent out of shape over having too much popcorn. Actually, I look pretty bent out of shape!

Julie's funeral service last week in my home town received television coverage out of Seattle, both in article and video. I watched the service and it was nice, as those things go.

Worked on clearing out the third bedroom in preparation for the yoga room. I've changed my mind about the paint color (again), but still have a lot of work to do before it's time to paint.

Drove to Big D to see Pebbles and spent a couple of hours with them. Guy was his arrogant self. And they are talking engagement. Oh well. She is my pig, but she's old enough to make her own decisions. He's like having dinner with William F. Buckley. Pompous windbag. This is going to be difficult. I just hate the thought of losing any of my relationship with Pebbles, but I will leave it up to her. My relationship with her is the most important thing and I need to remember that. It's not about how I feel about him that's important, it's about her. So yet another opportunity for personal growth.

1 comment:

  1. Ps... my mom never liked Mark either. Back in my immature days I chose him over her many times, and I now regret that. She never said a word. In reading your thoughts, it tells me that it must have been very difficult for her. Makes me sad to think that I hurt her and put her in that awkward position.

    At least he's redeemed himself and has turned out to be a wonderful partner and respects that I'm still processing the relationship I had with my mom.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.