Saturday, October 11, 2008

Guitar Heroes

Guitar Heroes

I'm only hoping to run half of the Half. I don't have enough time read determination and motivation to run the full half. My plan is to run half the half and walk the final half.

I did 5+ miles this morning at the Jesus Gym, thanks to my guitar heroes Eddie Van Halen and Ted Nugent. Turk helped too, obviously. Cardio-vascularly, I did just fine. No problems there, could have kept up for quite some time more. My hip started to twinge in the last quarter mile, but I needed to finish Stranglehold so I kept at it. Came home and popped a couple of Aleve and I'm feeling okay. All in all, I'm optimistic about my chances to complete the race in the time allotted.

Bick and I got the wild hair that we were going camping tonight, but we couldn't find a campground that had any open spaces for tonight. Guess a lot of folks had the same idea that we did. We are going out this evening to buy the necessary camping equipment so that we have it on hand. Bick has a tent and a sleeping bag, but I lost all my gear in the divorce, so I'm without.

Roxie

2 comments:

  1. You are rockin' it. I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh White Rock Lake... I miss that old neighborhood, so lovely. Good for you on "going for it."

    Camping... It's a good thing!! We're hoping to go ourselves on the 25th. So fun!!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.