Friday, October 10, 2008

Once more into the breach

I blame Christine. She got me to semi-commit to participating in the WhiteRock Half coming up in December. She's so persuasive that she's convinced several other good friends to participate as well. It should be a blast. I know that given my current state of fitness that I will not be able to run the thing. I could have two years ago, but alas, that time has passed. My goal now is to run half of it. I should be able to do that. It's a reasonable goal. If I start NOW.

I'm trying not to look too far forward and think about the miles I'll need to put in. I just need to think about what I need to do on Saturday morning. On Saturday morning I need to run for an hour. That's doable without hurting myself. Just think about Saturday. One day, one mile at a time.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Motivate somebody.

-Roxie

1 comment:

We'll try this for a while.