Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Knowing when to say when

I don't know if it's a gender thing, an hereditary thing or the result of nurture versus nature, but Pebbles is following in my footsteps in regards to overdoing things. She's coming up tonight with her herd and she's bringing/making dinner. She's fretting over remembering this and remembering to bring that and "don't let me forget" this other thing. I had to stop and remind her:

Our ability to enjoy our evening together does not depend upon having a certain food item or being WOWed in any way. The enjoyable part is being together and being relaxed.

-as I sit here jotting down notes on my to-do list. Will these dishes go with those napkin rings? Do I have time to pick up some fresh flowers? Oh here's an interesting recipe to make your own crackers. (Who the HELL makes there own crackers?) Oh, wouldn't it be great if I had XXXXXX?
Got the picture? Sheesh.

Relax. Breathe. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Pot? Meet Kettle.

    Hope you both were able to let down a tad and enjoy each others company - the real treat of the holidays.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.