Saturday, December 20, 2008

Home for the Holidays

I'm off on vacay beginning this morning. YAY! I am getting ready to go to the gym and spend some time on the elliptical, I think. I'm ready for a little sweat. I'd intended to get to the gym earlier in the week, but it was my crazy time at work, so I missed it. Better choices to come.

Bick is going to Houston for his family Christmas starting tomorrow. He'll be home sometime late on Tuesday so I have HOME ALONE time. Yee-haw! I hope to get back out to my favorite yoga studio for some yoga classes and spend some time at the Jesus Gym as well. Weather will be too cold for such a delicate flower as me (ha!) to be outside. Actually, I'm afraid of getting sick. My sinuses have been bothering me since the Half, when the wind was blowing so strong up from the south that god knows what it blew in from the remains of rotting trash post-Ike gulf coast.

I think it's important to note that even though I'm not as fit as I was two years ago, I still consider fitness to be an integral part of my lifestyle and I do miss it when I miss gym sessions. That's half the battle, right?

Pebbles has invited us over for brunch on Christmas day. She has also invited Guy's family and mine, although I don't think mine will show up. Pebbles has also requested a no gift policy, and I'm fine with that, as well. I'll take an extra nice hostess gift and be done with it. The rest of my shopping, I'll get done today.

My yoga studio is still unfinished. I've purchased two sets of curtains to try, but I've returned both of them. I may fight the crowds to see if there is something else out there. OH, and last night at a Christmas party, I found the color I should have painted the room. Dammit! It was a softer version of the first color scheme I had in mind. Always go with your first idea! Shoot.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Your first guess is your best guess.

-Roxie

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, vacation time...Enjoy your alone time! I live alone & so I take it for granted ;0
    I hope when you're done that you'll post some pics of your yoga room.
    I'm always impressed with people who make fitness an integral part of their lives. I hope that it will become second nature for me to become this way too.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.