Sunday, December 7, 2008

Merry Christmas, Bick at 159.5

Umm, there may have been a little stress eating yesterday.

So Sandy came in from Chicago on Friday. Bick picked her up at the airport and brought her back to his office until one of her friends could come over and pick her up. She's expressed some interest in going to the big hotel in Grapevine for the whole company Christmas party thing. All the company tickets had been claimed, so I offered up my seat to allow Sandy to attend with Bick. I've already confessed my personal issues right here on this very blog.

Well, you could have blown me over with a feather. They had a marvelous time together. Sandy came in, ran through the house, calling for me, chattering about what a great time they had, how Bick had gotten pulled up on stage as a player in this murder-mystery thing, and had "stolen the show". She told me about the Norwegians - the company owners who happened to be in town - how Bick had invited them over to a after-dinner drink and music venue, and because the three of them had taken a cab to the dinner sight, piled them all in his, as he calls it, "Big Truck, Little Dick" pickup and led the group to hear some Texas music. The Norwegians loved it. Sandy was charmed and Bick was beaming.

Bick and I had talked about this evening before it happened, about managing expectations. He really wants a change in their relationship and is working hard to try to get them to some different place. So he said he was going into all interactions with her with the goal as to not to ask her about anything that would cause her to lie to him. So he didn't ask her anything about school. He decided to not ask her about much, really, just let her tell him what she wanted to and let the conversation go from there. That what he really wanted was some positive interaction between the two of them. To me, this realization is HUGE, just HUGE.

I fully expected her to back out. I would have bet money on it. And if she didn't back out, I expected their usual to and fro. It didn't happen. At the end of the night, her last words to him were "I had a great time. Thank you for taking me. I love you, Daddy". I've never heard her say that to him.

I know it won't always be rainbows and unicorns, but damn, it was nice to see, just this once.

And I agreed with Bick about not asking about school, but she told me that she was doing well. I hope that's true.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Life can surprise you.

-Roxie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Roxie, thank you for visiting & commenting on my blog!
    I had to LOL about the "big truck, little dick" comment because that's what I say or "does this truck make my dick look bigger?" I want to get bumper stickers made up :)
    Antway, I just popped over & saw that you're maintaining a 100 lb weight loss!!! Fabulous & a hearty congratulations to you!!!
    I'll have to go through your archives & get more of the story.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.