Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Peace at 158

Things are pretty much pulled together. My bags are packed and ready to go. I've/we've planned as much as we are going to. It appears the Irish are all on Holiday and do not respond to emails/requests to book lodging, so Bick and I may end up sleeping in the clown car a night or two. Oh well. We are determined to let this trip unfold as it may, with no real set schedule only some general hopes and wishes. Nothing like flying by the seat of your pants! My big hope is that we make it out of Newark on Friday. Looks like they will see a break in the weather on that day, so I am hopeful.

I fixed a big batch of Chinese stir-fry with beef last night - essentially a bid to empty out the vegetable crisper and not to have to cook again before our departure. This is the second time I've fixed this recipe - a technique really more than a recipe, it's here. Yummy! So it's leftovers for us until bon voyage.

I'm trying to keep the whole weight thing in perspective. I wish the scales were ten pounds less - 148 is my goal weight, but oh, well. I have decided to focus on the positives and say that I'm ten pounds less than I was when I returned from vacation this past July and five pounds under my mid-November weight. We'll see how I look after a week of "full Irish Breakfasts". My ass is, indeed, dynamite :-) That baby will EXPLODE!


Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Peace.

Roxie

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you a very happy holidays & Merry Christmas!
    Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fantastic trip! :) Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great trip! Happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.