Saturday, December 6, 2008

Smoking at 159

I quit smoking almost three years ago and after the initial month or so of crying, I've done well. No real cravings. Nothing. Until the last two days. I've wanted a cigarette with all my heart and soul. I didn't slip, but I can tell I need a run. Not a walk, but a run. I need to run to break this compound stress that makes it hard to breathe right now. There is so much pressure on my chest that I need to run in order to establish some space so that I can breathe. I need to sweat. So for better or worse, I'm heading to the gym for my taper exercise today and I'm running.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Stress will KILL you.

-Roxie

1 comment:

  1. GO! Work out! Run! It's a great place to meditate a little, let your mind find the answers you seek.

    Hope things turn out all right with your mom situation. Maybe you got the sheriff's involved soon enough to be of real help.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.