Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Challenge at the Jesus Gym

Tim, the owner of the Jesus Gym, has thrown down the gauntlet. He has challenged each of us to a thirty day challenge to kick start our year and if we lose more weight as a percentage than he does, then we don't have to pay dues for a year. His wife is pretty scared. It was a ten dollar donation to a charity that digs wells in India to enter, so last night on my way home, I stopped by, ponied up and had a trainer weigh me. Yikes!

We'll see if I'm motivated by money, as this would be a payoff of almost $500.00 dollars in gym membership fees.

I don't like fad diets, so I'm just going to try to do my regular stuff, eat clean, get some cardio and lift some weights. I've been meaning to add some weight training back into the mix. I'm also thinking of adding a boxing class at the Jesus Gym on Saturday mornings. I've come to know the trainer for that and like her. God forbid we have yoga at the Jesus gym, because that wouldn't be Christian, but we can take classes in beating the crap out of each other.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Find a challenge.

-Roxie

166

1 comment:

  1. Wow! A great incentive! And you only have to really knuckle down for a month . . . just a month . . . you CAN do it!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.