Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day One - Dublin - continued

Hunger and fatigue soon struck and we popped into a pub for some fish and chips. Upon review, that may have been a mistake. After eating, we were exhausted and headed back to the hotel for a quick nap. We napped for a couple of hours and then were out and about again. We strolled through Temple Bar area looking for a recommended pub that played traditional Irish music and found it.

I also found my new love, cider. I've never been a beer drinker and even though I was promised that a pint of Guiness served in it's homeland would be a near orgasmic experience, I.just.don't.get.it. So, a ladies' glass of cider for me. Yummy!

We listened to the jam sessions, along with all the other foreign visitors to Dublin for holiday. Dublin has quite a cosmopolitan feel to it and the parts we saw were beautiful.

The upside of sites being closed for the holidays meant that the city was still decked out for the Season and it was out gorgeous. Made for a beautiful experience - the old city decorated in holiday dress. Lots of hustle and bustle, for sure.

We grabbed a takeaway kabob for our late dinner and settled in for the night. Or at least I did. Bick couldn't sleep. Time difference, jet-lag. Whatever. Fitful night for him that led to a lost day for him on Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Guinness can be an acquired taste. Took me 20 years to learn to like it.

    Now? I can knock back my one a week and absolutely love it.

    Curious as to how you can break your glasses in the bathroom. If it's a TMI kind of story, you can skip it, I'll just be left wondering.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.