Thursday, January 8, 2009

On balance

On balance, my life is wonderful. I'm happier, more at peace than I've ever been. I feel so good about what I've learned about me, both good and bad, over the past few years. Even with the expanding ass, the wrinkles, the creaky bones - this is the good stuff. I wish I could have gotten smarter earlier, but I didn't. So it is what it is.

I've been following Oprah's best like week and last night's episode was on spirituality. One of the guests spoke of spirituality as a letting go. That statement really resonated with me. The more I let go of external trappings, status, things, the happier or should I say more peaceful I am able to become. God knows I've still got a long way to go, but letting go and not seeing myself only through the lens of posessions, status, relationship, career or clothing size makes it much easier to focus on what's really important. Letting go. Letting go and becoming confident in the essential me.

I'm still struggling to get the Jesus Gym after work. Last night I stopped by, only to find that I had only one sock. So I went right home and packed the travel gym back completely. No more reason for skipping the weight training.

I'm enjoying my yoga/meditation time in the mornings. I've decided to not make it into a big hairy deal. I'm just going to spend some time on the mat, doing whatever poses come to mind and feel good. No time limit, no set routines as of yet. Followed by some meditation/focused breathing. There are worse ways to start the day.

Bick is off to Kansas today after work to attend the funeral of his father-in-law - or former FIL, to be precise. It's been a rough few days awaiting the inevitable. Sandy and her Mom had just returned from Christmas in KS, when the call came in for them to return late last week. From what I've been able to observe, while the situation is sad and unfortunate but not completely unexpected, Bick and the EX have had some good, supportive moments while on the phone. Sandy, it appears is reverting to some of her more unbecoming behaviors regarding Bick.

So while the situation is unfortunate, I've got the house to myself tonight and am planning a fish for dinner, followed by more Oprah. Without commentary from Bick. I don't think that Oprah is the second-coming or anything, but I do enjoy her show now and again. Or maybe I'll just have a pajama party with Sadie. I wonder how she would look in maribu?

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Smile, breathe, go slowly.

-Roxie

162.5

1 comment:

  1. Your trips is so fun to read... I love the way you write, just like it's real time. FUN!!

    Enjoy your alone time, although for a sad reason it sure is nice for us ladies to get it.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.