Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Between a Rock and a Hard Place


Looks like Pebbles is having relationship troubles. It's been brewing/perking for some time now. I don't know what she will choose to do about it - says it sucks to leave someone with whom you are comfortable. Says two years into a relationship shouldn't feel like she's been married for twenty. She's feeling like a failure, she says because all her relationships seem to end this way.

I don't know what to tell her about Guy. My personal feelings about him, other than I don't always like the way he talks to her, aren't important. What's good for her and what makes her happy is important.

She said that it feels too hard to move. Where will she live with her dogs? My heart hurts for her while she faces and makes these decisions. It's tough sledding, for sure.

Bick is going to Houston on Thursday to visit his momma for the weekend, so I think I'll invite her and her beasts to come up and hang out with me, if she chooses to do so. I really don't know what else I can do or say other than just listen and offer assistance in whatever way she needs it. Fortunately, Bick adores this child and would move heaven and earth if she asked.

2 comments:

  1. These are the tough times for us moms. We want to kiss them and make them all better, don't we? Just being present is the best thing you can offer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Tena. Just being there without too much advice is an awesome idea!! That is what I miss the most about my mom, just her always being there for me with no judgement. (even though I knew she had some, she never spoke it outloud)

    ps.. I'm drooling over that lamp.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.