Friday, February 13, 2009

Going Walkabout

I've not settled into a permanent exercise plan for Fridays. I had planned to take Friday off, along with Sunday as my two off days a week, but then recognized that my yum yum yoga really doesn't do much for increasing my caloric deficit. Some days I'd spent on the treadmill or spin class, but I don't like to do too much, as I've got to have something left for boxing class on Saturday. So today, weather being what it is - read GORGEOUS!, I'm going on a good long walkabout through the neighborhoods.

Seventeen years ago, going on walkabouts around here was the only thing that kept me close to sanity when my then-husband ran off with a hairdresser. But that is a story for another day. Today, I'm out to soak up some vitamin D, feel the sun on my face and enjoy the day. I cannot wait. Hurry up half-hour!

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Take a long lunch break and get outside.

-Roxie
159

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a great walkabout. The fresh air does a body good!

    Thanks for the b-day mom wishes. It is a good feeling to like who our kids have become! Mission accomplished!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.