Friday, February 27, 2009

Hail to the Chief

Hmm. I should watch where I'm going. I was elected president of a professional organization at the Dallas meeting today. Didn't see that coming. It will be a nice service opportunity and it's only for a year.

Bick is enjoying his time with his Momma. That man does adore her. I just spoke with him and he said that his sisters were gracious enough to give the two of them some time today, so they just sat outside most of the day and visited. She's 86 and while generally in good health, complications from diabetes can be serious at times.

He also said he had the opportunity to visit with his brother-like cousins and they were having difficulties with their children as well. Said he didn't feel quite so bad about Sandy. Said it was good to hear the truth behind some of the "rainbows and unicorn" talk he'd been hearing - not that he wishes bad upon any of them.

Pebbles is off looking at another rental prospect this evening. I went to bed last night thinking she was going to pull the trigger and move back to her old place. Silly me. Please wait till the ride comes to a complete stop before departing.

I'm going to take it easy this weekend and heal up a bit. I've got to take Sadie in to get her hair did tomorrow, but I think I'll just putter around the house a bit.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Volunteer.

-Roxie

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the well earned recognition of your peers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hail! Hail! Have a great weekend. Hope Pebbles finds a place. That will take some stress off. :)

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.