Sunday, February 15, 2009

Northern Exposure

Friday after work I went to my beloved Target to get some new workout clothes. I don't like to own too much stuff, but I just needed a couple of pieces to fill in. I adore the new running skirts. I have one that I found at Ross' a year or so ago and have been searching for another (off-price) one ever since. Target is now carrying them and at $19.99, I grabbed one. This would work out perfectly, as I don't think my old standby had made it through the wash cycle this last week.

Saturday morning rolls around and I am in an owly mood. I did not want to get up. I did not want to go to Ms. Perky's boxing class and to add insult to injury, I'd gained a half a pound. Pissed me right off. But I kicked myself in the butt, pulled on my new running skirt and went to boxing class.

This class is a hard workout - a guy in the class who was wearing some sort of body measuring device said he burned 900 calories during the workout - it's a mixture of eleventy billion combination punches, plus some running and exercise drills mixed in.

It was during the jumping jack portion of the class that I began to feel a little breezy. Turns out, I should have purchased a smaller sized running skirt, cause that baby was heading south. Ever tried to pull up your britches while wearing boxing gloves?

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Wear suspenders.

-Roxie
159.5

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, but I am cracking up at your windy misfortune!! Smaller size indeed!!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.