Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day Recap


Well, we didn't do the scallops with lychee in a garlic butter sauce. Central Market was out of scallops on our visit Saturday afternoon. Better planning next time. Instead, we picked up a couple of lobster tails to go with the two sides of ribeyes that we were buying and having cut up. I've seen this special one other time and you get some really nice ribeyes for about 5 bucks a pound. We loaded up.

I fixed fresh-from-the-garden brussel sprouts braised in bacon as our side. Oh, and I treated my self to a bottle of Ace pear hard cider. Yummy! I fell in love with cider while in Ireland and it was nice to have it again. I wished I'd bought more, but better to leave wanting more!

Oh, and got a stick blender from Bick who risked The Doghouse by buying an appliance, but I'd really wanted one, so it was a hit with me. I had ordered him L3bowski, as in The Big, action figures, but they failed to arrive in time. We are waiting until warmer weather to get our worms.

All in all, it was a lovely day.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Get 'em what they want.

-Roxie
158.5

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a great time. I got a kick out of that Doghouse video! Too, funny.

    It looks like you're losing!! It must be those tough workouts!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.