Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Comfy Cozy California

I think California and me were made for each other. This trip has been peaceful and lovely and warm and cozy since I landed. The luminous Jill picked me up soon after my arrival at the Hyatt and off we went. Jill is an absolute delight and meeting for the first time IRL wasn't the least bit awkward. We chattered like magpies all the way to the Pacific. Oh man. The Pacific.

I fell in love with Laguna Beach. It had such a laid-back vibe. And California people are dog people. And very friendly. And my favorite part? When you are dining in an outdoor cafe, you get a BLANKET! How cozy is that! Loved it. Oh, and I have an love of all things ferry. We went on this little 3 car barge/ferry thingy to Balboa Island. Cutest thing ever!

And back at the hotel, there's a yoga channel on the inhouse cable. How fun is that?

Conference is good. I'm getting in a bit of exercise, but the food choices leave a lot to be desired, but I'm doing what I can.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Stay tucked in.

-Roxie

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are enjoying California. I will be daydreaming all day now...

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.